My friend

What she told me I was not expecting. She revealed her heart and in the process mine broke. My long time friend has bared her deepest thoughts and I could do nothing else but hold her tight. God knows what her fears are, where her pain lies.
Why does it seem like everyone around me is suffering so? It seems that every day reveals a new dimension of disappointment. Error, concern, regret all fall into step with life. It becomes second nature. We see success only to be diminished by grief. We see joy only to be stomped on by reality.
I saw my friend tonight after more than a year. I miss her so. This is a woman that I admire. She is beautiful, smart and a fabulous mother. She makes June Cleaver look like Mrs. Voorhees. But she is sad. Oh so sad. And, it makes me sad for her.
We are sisters. Sisters from a different mother. We can find our way around each others kitchens without ever having been there. We have the same potholders. She can show up at my house and run the place like she is on staff. But we have grown apart. Not of our own choosing but because life took us there. We knew it would happen. We even warned each other. We tried to avoid it but it happened anyway. So...we shouldn't have been surprised right? Well, that doesn't make it any easier to see her in pain.
I am sure you can see how much I love her. I want her to be happy, like me. Is my life easy? Uh...no. Is it supposed to be? Didn't think so. Happiness isn't found on Easy Street. Nor is it found in the things of this world, including earthy relationships. Don't get me wrong, I need the love and devotion of my spouse but my joy depends on the love and devotion of my Jesus. AND, He has promised to NEVER leave me or forsake me. He has given His life so that I might live mine. My response to that is to hold fast to that promise and share it with others. "They must know" is my directive. I guess it is time for me to share...

Do you know how much Jesus loves you?
He loves you so much that He took the penalty for your/my/our sin before God.
All we have to do is admit that we are sinners and accept and acknowledge His substitution in our place, before God.
By acknowledging this we are naming Him our Savior and we will be saved from the judgement that we deserve.
Sin is now behind us, never to be brought up again.
When God looks at us, He sees His Son, Jesus who stood in our place.
Friend, you are loved. You are God's precious jewel. Your worth equals the blood of His Son.

Thank you Jesus! Thank you for taking my place and the place of my friends.

Comments

A great writing as usual my friend! Praying for you and your friend that God may lead and guide in this circumstance! May He always give you the words to speak and the right time to say them! Miss ya!

Popular Posts