What's your "True North"?

Have you tried Frito Lay's "True North" crisps? If not, now would be a good time for a snack run. (Target sells them if you can't find them elsewhere.)

Well, today after a light bulb replenishing trip to Target (pronounced tar-ghey) I sat at the red light munching on my newest addiction and read the following statement off the back of the bag..."When a strong passion guides your life, it becomes your true north."

Hmm? Strange comment to find on a bag of chips.
Got me thinking.
True North.
What is that?
Go ahead google it, see what you find.
OK. Are you confused?
Well this is what I got.

It is the direction in which we must head to get to the north celestial pole, upon which the world revolves on it's axis....

Wait, on which the world revolves?!?

Oh, I get it. What ever your world revolves around is your "True North" and, according to Frito Lay Co. this is your strong passion and should guide your life.

So what does your world revolve around? What are you passionate about? What gets your juices flowing (or your mouth watering)? If it is chips, well, I pity you because you clearly don't know Jesus.

I am reminded of a song by Michael Frye
Be the Centre
(if you know it sing along)

Jesus, be the centre
Be my source, be my light
Jesus

Jesus, be the centre
Be my hope, be my song
Jesus

Be the fire in my heart
Be the wind in these sails
Be the reason that I live
Jesus, Jesus

Jesus, be my vision
Be my path, be my guide
Jesus

If I were to revolve around something I would revolve around "the center" right?

He is the wind in my sails, the reason that I live. He is my passion, my "True North". Like with a compass, When I use Him as the constant , unchanging , one (right) way and point myself toward Him I am pointed in the right direction. When I align myself with Him my path is straight.

Proverbs 3:6 says "In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight. "

Oh, to have some thing so true, unchanging, steadfast, reliable, worthy of following... I pray you know Him. I pray you acknowledge Him in all you do, whether you revolve around Him or walk in a straight line alongside Him or if you are running in His direction ( or a combination of all three). And, next time you are enjoying a bag of chips, acknowledge Him. If it weren't for Him we'd have no chips or taste buds to enjoy them either ( or anything else for that matter).

God bless you on this fabulous day !

Comments

Love, love, love it! What a great analogy! The song you mentioned is one of my favorites! You seem to think about things in much the same way I do...Jesus as the focus! Love ya sister!

Popular Posts