She Set Her Face to Joy!

Did you miss me? It’s been several YEARS! Well, you may not have missed me but I sure miss me. I don’t know if I actually went anywhere. Actually, I’ve been here all along but, I haven’t been me. I miss me. I miss Happy Heidi. I miss the girl who knew how to giggle (with a snort) and wore a smile every day.  You’re never fully dressed without it, ya know. I miss enjoying life. Well, this new year has been dubbed the year of JOY! It’s the theme of 2019.
Ever drive on a slippery road and fishtail? In this situation we are taught to counter steer. Counter steer: Steer counter to the direction you are headed. I had a friend tell me that she never could figure out counter steering. It always confused her. Then her safety instructor told her to just remember to point your nose (look) where you want to go and your hand will steer you there.
Jesus set his face [like flint] to Jerusalem. It was the theme, if you will, of the book of Luke. He had a goal; to do the will of the Father. He pointed his nose where He wanted to go and He went. The very reason for His mission was to get to the cross. Nothing would detour him. He needed to get there. He had a job to do; conquer sin.
I’m looking at joy. My hand is steering me there. I’m aiming for it! My heart longs for joy AND, I have job to do. The reason for this mission [of mine] is to glorify God. There is NO.WAY. ANYONE would ever believe that the Holy Spirit was in me by the look on my face and the lack of joy in my heart/eyes/face/life. So, today I set my face to JOY! 😁


Comments

Popular Posts