You said...

I was really hoping that I could put doctors behind me. After the last lump and the gallbladder removal I was hoping that my surgeon and I would only see each other at Target. Apparently I was wrong, the call came last night at the game. He called to inform me that my follow-up mammogram revealed another area of concern that, either they missed or it was new since three months ago. I really wasn't too rattled. The last biopsy was negative and it is my experience that most doctors are "test happy" so I just go along with it and enjoy the negative results when I get them. So why should this time be any different? I agreed though, to call my GYN and get her opinion on the necessity of repeating the procedure. What if we did this and next follow-up they find more? How many times would they snip and cut? Till there was nothing left? In all honesty I don't really care. I simply want to be rid of any potential problems I don't particularly care if it involves 20 biopsies. A friend of mine recently ignored a lump she found and is now facing uncertain times since they discovered cancer in her lungs. This reality, coupled with the memory of the conversation I just had with my GYN has increased my concern. She told me "Get the biopsy done. Cancer in a woman your age is usually aggressive and waiting should not be considered."
Amazingly, I am quite calm, much more so than other members of my family today.
I am reminded of what God says in His word. "Fear not."
I remember that He will never leave or forsake me and that His mighty finger is on the pulse of everything, including my pulse actually. He controls it all. I will trust and obey. I will obey His command to "Fear not." and sing this song as a reminder of the trust I must have in Him...



His arms hold me together. When fear threatens to tear me apart. I trust in what He said.



Jesus, Lover of my soul,


I ask you now to be Master of this situation, I trust that You are Sovereign and whatever Your will, I am but clay in Your hand. I praise you in uncertain times knowing with all certainty that Your faithful arms will never let me go and I am content to know that you have it all worked out to Your glory. Thank you for your faithfulness. ~ Amen

Comments

Popular Posts