I wanna walk with God

I think it is pretty simple. Walk with God and you will be blessed. I look at it like this; in God's presence there is joy, there is peace, there is protection, there is provision, there is love (this list is neither exhaustive nor ordered by importance.) So really why do we leave His side? Curiously, there is something more appealing elsewhere? This is a question not a statement, rhetorical albeit but clearly pressing. Why do we do this? Why, if we know that God's blessings abound in His presence do we even consider wandering ANYWHERE else?

I ask this because I have been walking nearby God. And each step I take (or half step) lures me in the direction where I can feel the tension (like the stretching bungee cord that tethers me to my life force) getting tighter and tighter. How did I get here? I know where to go. I know where I am supposed to be. It was really only a few short weeks ago that I had a very real encounter with the living God and was so in love with the idea that He was going to use me for His kingdom.

The fact is this. You need to walk with God. Not nearby Him. You need (when I say "You" I mean "me") to intentionally put yourself in step with Him, like in a marching band. You need to consciously put aside, shove if you must, the things of this world that lure you away. Things like cell phones, computers, jewelry, clothing, shoes, art, televisions, magazines, movies and other luxuries do nothing but tempt us to seek satisfaction in things other than God. Really, folks, I know that this is all so obvious, but I need to be reminded. I have been focusing on things that have absolutely no eternal value and I am suffering because of it. Physically I am great . Actually, I haven't felt better in years. I have work. My bills are getting paid and my children are healthy. My marriage is thriving and I am getting many things accomplished. But something is missing. Actually Someone is walking ahead of me, dogging it a little so that I can catch up but giving me freedom to choose.

So what will it be? The pursuit of happiness in Excuseville? Where everything can be justified? Or hand in hand with my Jesus? Where my soul longs to be?

Last post I wrote on Purity and it's importance in the life of a Christian. I guess I have a lot to learn. I guess I might find that the closer I get to God, the Holy One. So off I go...wait for me Lord...Can I hold Your hand?

Comments

I'm with you on this one girl...no excuseville for me I choose to walk with God and stay in step with the Spirit! So glad you are feeling so much better!

Popular Posts