Purity is not an option.

It has been brought to my attention that God is working in my life. Well, He reminded me this week. That's not to say that this week is any different than any other week. He has clearly never left me and never will but I am the one who wanders and forgets how intimately He is involved in my day to day activities.

Generally, my walk consists of semi-regular devotionals supplemented by an occasional academic exegetical diversion when I am challenged to dig deeper (usually for the purpose of scoring brownie points with my study leaders.) I know, I know! Please don't bring it up again. I have been convicted on more that one occasion. It is dangerous territory, something I am not proud of BUT I do learn an immense amount of otherwize hidden marvelous tidbits about the God I serve. That is NOT why I am writing though.

I am writing because I am struck this week with the repetition of the lesson content that has been the flooding my life. I take NOTHING as coincidence. In fact one of my mottoes is "Another word for 'COINCIDENCE' is 'GOD'" so I don't take it lightly when the experiences I have all revolve around a certain topic.

This week it has been on purity. I don't speak of purity in the ways that our sex charged culture considers the idea (though that is certainly not excluded) but in terms of the way God sees purity. He takes purity very seriously. It is something found all over His Word in just about every chapter of every book. ( I am estimating.) Purity is SO important to Him that He tells us that we have no right to be in His presence in our impure state. Our sinful state is what separates us from Him.

This week, my devotional, praise music set, pastor's sermon, friend's offertory (a moving signing of Addison Road's "What do I know of Holy") and this song that is stuck in my head, all speak of the importance of being set apart for His purposes. My stars, how far I have strayed in attaining that!

Deluge ( Worship band hailing from Bethany World Prayer Center) writes in their final track of their latest album...

You are calling me, I can hear it clearly.
To stand for purity, and what's pleasing to Your heart.
You are showing me, I can see it clearly
A sense of destiny, a change from everything around.

Take me by the hand and show me what You're planning.
I want to be a part of Your design.
Guide me by the heart and show me, what the future.
I want to leave a mark on history.

I want to be used by You...
I want to be used by You.
So don't look me over
I'm waiting for You broken.
I want to be used by You.

So, have your way...

We invite Him to have His way. It is so contrary to the world. In the world it's "I want to have it my way". In fact advertisers have it made; their jobs are easy when they appeal to the human nature of self. But Burger King and my King are two different things. My King has the right to turn up the heat. Flame broiled is desired but not for the purpose of a really tasty burger. My flame broiling is what will burn off the muck and grime of the world so that the beautiful creation that He has created will be revealed. One that is created in the image of Christ.

Purity is pleasing to His heart and absolutely essential to our fellowship with Him. He calls us to follow Him as He leads us into His presence, daily. He will take us by the hand and show us what He is planning. Our obedience grants us access into His plan and He wants to use us. So Wonderful He is that He takes us from glory to glory. Our passage from point A to points B, C and following are orchestrated and ordained by Him. How comforting that is to know that we do not go it alone! We go with God.

This is our destiny. It is a change from everything around. So different from the world and so different from where we are right now. He has so much planned. So much that we cannot comprehend. We will leave a mark on history. His story includes us by His design. Praise God for the work He is doing in us and through us.

Thank you Lord for Your faithfulness. I look forward to going with You and being part of Your plan. Give me grace Jesus, as I seek Your will. It is not easy to say "Have Your way in me." Grant me the perseverance to be obedient to Your call for purity. I so want to be used by You. Please equip me for the tasks You set before me and pour out Your Spirit that I might feel your presence guiding me unmistakeably through every obstacle.
Amen.


If anyone would like to listen to Deluge's most recent album (I highly recommend the last track)....here's the link. http://www.amazon.com/I-Want-Be-Used-You/dp/B003EYE23U

Comments

Popular Posts