give Jesus a hug from me when you get there

Her chest heaves with labored breaths. The saline IV drips life sustaining fluid into a thirsty body. The stroke has left her unable to swallow and, without nourishment, it is only a matter of time that all major organs will follow suit and stop functioning altogether. It is a troubling sight. It is tough to watch the deterioration. The only comfort is that her best days are yet to come. They are not the days behind her. The days of dancing in the rain with the red "umbwella" or running to catch the trolley with her brothers and sister or the days spent deep water fishing and sunbathing with her beloved husband or even the more recent days spent celebrating her milestone birthdays with new family and new friends are not the best days of her life. They might have been the best days of this life but there is another life to look forward to after this one. I pray for her sake that that day might come quickly. She has fought hard and rebounded to heights greater than any imagined possible. This time no rebound.
Thankfully, she knows her Savior. She knows that He is with her now and wants to welcome her to the home He has prepared for her. I imagine this room with Welcome signs on the door and balloons. There will be a party I'm sure~ a celebration, maybe even fireworks ! Many will be waiting there for her. She knows many who have travelled on before her and are tapping their toes in anticipation of her arrival, even children she's never met. Oh the reunion! I can't even think about it. I'm so jealous. The only thing I have to say is...give Jesus a hug from me when you get there and tell my Daddy I miss him. See you when I get there.

Lord,
I know you love Aunt Connie. She is your precious daughter. I know you will be welcoming her to her new home soon and I ask that you pour out your mercy on her now. She has accepted Your Son as her Savior and expects Him to stand there right beside her on her judgement day. Look upon her with favor as You look at Your Son. Thank you for allowing me to see her as You see her. I've learned a lot about You caring for her these last few months. Make haste to call her home. She is so weary. She's ready for no more pain. She's ready to see You face to face. Thank you gracious, merciful Father.
Amen

Comments

Heidi...I'll be praying for you and your family in the coming days! I'm so glad she knows the Lord and you can rest in the hope of seeing her again in Heaven's home!

Popular Posts