While I'm Waiting

What is going on in this world? I have never been so aware of sin and its effects as I am here and now. Every day for the last four I have heard of another couple whose marriage is in jeopardy as a result of infidelity...! I know that God's plan is perfect and in His sovereignty He has it all worked out for good for those who love Him so...it's all good, right? I must answer a resounding "Yes!" I know that He will take what the enemy has intended for bad and turn it around for good. And I know that it will all be to His glory. It's just that everywhere I look I seen pain, sadness, hurt, confusion and my trust fleets to the corners of my heart. I must do something...anything...I can't stand it anymore. Don't they know it doesn't have to be like this? Don't they know that God loves them and wants them to be happy? Don't they know that they can get help from Jesus? Don't they know that they can work this out (with help)? Don't they know that I want to help them?

I am a "doer". I am the kind of person who wants to help and likes to serve others so I spring to action in anticipation of a need. Frequently I am not told (or asked) to help. I just do and I act spontaneously ( most times without listening to the real need.) Naturally, in light of recent events, I want to go to my friends and hold their hands and tell them where they can find help and how they can fix this mess they got themselves into, but I can't. Can't or won't? Well, can't. You see, I don't think that's what God wants me to do.

Gee, that never really mattered before. Sadly, it's true. But this time I can't ignore His strong hand on my shoulder instructing me to stay put. I have never been more baffled by any series of events. Nothing feels right. Before, I might have sent a card or called. None of that feels right. So I pray. And wait. The following song was recommended to me just yesterday. (Thanks Christine) Ironically, this song comes from the movie "Fireproof ", a movie about a couple contemplating divorce and the resurrection of their relationship resulting from commitment to the covenant of marriage (and to God). I'd like to share some of the lyrics of While I'm Waiting by John Waller.

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting I will serve You
While I’m waiting I will worship
While I’m waiting I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

So, I wait.

And pray and be ready to spring into action when He calls. It is difficult and painful. I will wait and worship Him as I know He is working mightily through this situation. It makes me think He has something BIG and GREAT great planned. AND, If I am patient and obedient, He might use me - to His glory. This way (His way not mine) everyone, especially me, gets to see that God is in control. He gets the glory. All of it. And we get to be amazed.

Heavenly Father,
In humility I know I can't do anything here. I must be still and KNOW that YOU are God. In this stillness I will listen for Your voice and wait, enjoying the peace You give me in the assurance that You have it all worked out. I thank you for the blessing of my own marriage and pray that we might be witnesses to Your unfailing love through our commitment to each other and to our marriage. Use us Lord, as you see fit, and make us more like You in the process.
Amen

Comments

It is awful when you want so badly to fix the problem at hand...especially when we think we know what the answer is for the person involved. But, my dear sister, I am glad and stand proud of you for holding fast to the whispers of the Holy Spirit telling you to wait. God knows your heart and delights in your obedience!

Popular Posts