Romans 12:2

Romans 12:2

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve of what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will"



Ever wonder what God's will is in your life?

I wonder every day. At least I like to think I do anyway. Chances are you would like to say that that too. Truth is, like me, you might not. In fact you probably don't. That's not to say that I do. I don't and I am being honest. You see, though I am a child of God and my salvation is sure but, I get caught up in life and forget to see what plans God has made for my day.



My mom used to ask me, way back when... "what are your plans for today?". I remember getting really chapped being asked that question. "why do you care?" might have been my response, (not that these actual words ever came from my mouth - mind you). I would wonder - more appropriately- "What did you have in mind, dear Mother?". You see, she was going to tell me anyway,whether I cared to hear it or not; whether I had time for her plans or not; and whether I had something else planned or not.

I regularly had plans. (Even if I didn't have my own plans I knew I didn't want to partake in hers). Was I being disrespectful? Actually, yes. And as I mentioned before I did this regularly.
Actively being disrespectful is one sin, not doing something else is another ( sin). We can sin when we fail to do what God asks of us. (not obeying our parents is one thing but there are other ways to sin apart from the Ten Commandments).

God has plans for us; plans not harm us, plans for a future. These plans however are not always seen by us as the ones we wish to cooperate with. For the believer, ALL things work together for good. Car accidents, cancer, tornados, children born with disabilities, abuse, stock market crashes are all examples of things that we would all prefer not to endure yet as we sit here and read we need to remember that without a test there is no testimony, without a mess there is no message. There is something to be learned of everything that happens in our lives, either to us directly or involving us indirectly and that, my friends, is that God is drawing us to Himself in these situations. His goals is never to harm us but to make us more dependant on Him. It is in our independance that we sin and separate ourselves from God. We need to trust, have faith and know that He has our best interests in mind. He is on His throne and He can see the big picture. He is always for us and never against us, even if it seems as if there could be nothing good to come out of a situation He has it all worked out. He has it all worked out to accomplish his plan.

So for this first post - Romans 12:2 comes to mind again -test and approve of God's perfect will. His will is His plan. His plan is perfect. Remember though, that if we get hung up on the pattern (plan) of this world we might be tempted to see that instead of God's.

My prayer for you dear friends is this...
May you always seek to honor God in all you do. May the Spirit of God fill your hearts and minds so that you can rightly divide His Word and see the difference (and never be confused) between the world and God's will never forgetting that He is your biggest cheerleader, that he will never leave you or forsake you and that His plans for your life are the best plans .
Care to join Him?

Comments

O how we wish we could see the plan sometimes...lol...especially those of us who are a type "A" personality! Our lives are a weave of great proportion in the eyes of the Lord. He sits high above us looking down on the new thread he has chosen to weave and continue to make a beautiful pattern from his point of view. All the while we look at the weave from below. What a mess with all the knots and ties. We tend to miss seeing what He sees in us...a beautiful child of God! May we not look at the knots as an ugly mess, but that of rich growth in our lives to better our walk and closeness to Jesus!

Popular Posts